Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Today is the day!!

Well, the the day we have been anticipating for nearly a year has arrived. Today we will meet our new daughter!

There is not much to report about yesterday. We met Ryan and his 11 year old adopted daughter from Ethiopia for pastries and coffee in the morning but while at the pastry shop, Leigh was not feeling well and had a blackout spell. So, we decided to lay low and rest in the hotel all day. We tried to eat at the restaurant lobby restaurant, but they have a dress code of "No Shorts". Apparently shorts are not worn over here. Who knew? We did get the water back in the hotel and were able to enjoy warm showers which was awesome. We also had an opportunity to talk with several families from another adoption agency that are staying at our hotel and had just received thier children. All of the babies were from 3 to 5 months old and just precious.


Last evening, we joined Belay for dinner at a cultural restaurant, eating local foods and enjoying some traditional music and dancing (by others, not us). I had purchased a baseball hat during the day that I wore to dinner, but as you can see by the sign below - it, too, was not allowed.





Today, our friend Seble, who lives in ATL but is back home in Addis to help take care of her brother and mother, will meet us for breakfast and then we will all go to the foster home to meet Meti. We will hang out with her for a few hours before we have our appointment with the U.S. embassy to finalize all of the paperwork.

We continue to pray for an immediate bonding experience and that Meti will be as excited for us to be her parents as we are to have her for our daughter.

It was great to talk briefly with our daughters - Isabella and Talia - last evening and hear the happiness in their voices from celebrating Tali's "Gotcha Day". It is hard to believe that two years have passed since we first held her!

6 comments:

Jim Milam said...

Greg & Leigh,

We've enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing the pictures. We can't wait to see pictures of Meti on your next posting!

Jim

P.S.- Greg, were you trying to sneak a gun into that restaurant under your hat?

Jonni Kennedy said...

Lynne and I arrived yesterday and Jonni had everything in great shape. I hope we can do as well. This morning we braved the Atlanta traffic and delived Isabella to school. Shortly we will be taking Tali to school. Everything is going well. Have a good time.

Vann

Jonni Kennedy said...

GK, LK, and the IT sisters......I miss your guts. I spent the night away from the girls and BOY do I miss them so I can't even imagine how much you, as parents, miss them. I am anxiously awaiting the pictures of mommy, daddy and Meti together. I'm so glad our angel Seble was there with you all. She is a gift to each of us. Isabella and Talia call her "their Sebbie"....so cute. Hello IT sisters....I.....love.....you!!! I know you are having a blast with your Aunt Lynne and Uncle Van. How was the dinner "Gotcha Day" celebration? I will continue to pray for your safety, health, and joy. xo jonni

The Moons said...

Greg, Leigh and Meti,
I am so sorry this has taken me so long to write. You have been in our thoughts and prayers though.
I can't believe you finally have your daughter. I have tears in my eyes just thinking about the first time you saw and held her today. What a blessing she is not only to you, but to all of us as well. We can not wait for her homecoming and to meet her and love on her as well.
Leigh, I hope you feel better soon.
Love and Prayers,
John, Angela and Faith xo

Unknown said...

Hi Greg and Leigh,
We are so excited fot you on this special day. Leigh we hope you are feeling better. Our prayers continue to be with you and your family. We look forward to each blog, it is the high point of our day.
Love,
Uncle Harold and Marianne

ZXCrazy said...

Leigh & Greg,

I have really enjoyed being able to "follow" you on your trip. My thoughts and prayers are with you every step of your trip. I can hardly wait to see pictures of the three of you! Leigh, I hope you are feeling better.

Love you lots,
Lisa